Any male or female, single (never married) Not pregnant, never been pregnant, not adoptive parent of any child, ages 11-15 years of age (as of January 1st, current year) who is also an active member of any youth organization participating in the Jefferson County Fair is eligible to compete.
Other than minor or petty offenses, the candidate must never have been convicted of any criminal offense and have no criminal charges pending against them. No sexting, drug, or alcohol convictions or charges pending.
Contestants must fill out an application/autobiographical form. The completed forms will be due by July 10, 7:00 pm at Fair Board Office. No Forms Can or Will Be
Accepted After This Date! All entry must be complete including all required signatures or applicant cannot compete. Interviews will be announced. Prince and Princess will be identified immediately following the interviews. No court will be selected.
Decisions are made based on completed application and the personal interview. No other support materials will be considered.
Prince and Princess Responsibilities:
- Participate in the Coronation Ceremonies on Monday.
- Princess is expected to wear a party dress (below the knee or longer)
- Prince is expected to wear dress slacks or khaki’s and dress shirt (no jeans or hats)
- Wear sash at all times unless competing in an event at the fair
- Be available for pictures with champions as needed at the Livestock Sale on Saturday
- Ride in the parade
- The parade takes place at 10:00 am on Saturday of fair week
- Work with the Jr. Fair Coordinator regarding additional appearances and responsibilities during and after the fair.